Saturday, October 2, 2010

Steak Dinner!

In the past two deliveries from Marin Sun Farms, we’ve received a total of 4 very juicy looking steaks. 3 ribeyes and 1 NY strip. I wanted to grill these bad boys, but we currently don’t own a grill. I got tired of waiting and we had people coming over on Sunday, so I decided to just roast them instead. Well actually I roasted them, seared the hell out of them, then put them under the broiler to melt the blue cheese sauce. Now that’s cookin’!

I made an infused olive oil for marinating the steaks by putting crushed garlic, rosemary, sage, and thyme in olive oil and simmering it for 2 mins, then left to cool. After removing the herbs form the olive oil, I rubbed the steaks down and wrapped them individually and put them in the fridge for 4 hours. Later I roasted them at 450°f for 15 mins, then seared them in my Cuisinart Griddler. I topped them with the spicy blue cheese sauce made from danish blue cheese, cream cheese, minced shallot and minced jalapeño and put under the broiler to melt. Though a lot of steps to get to the end, it was all worth it. The steaks were delicious!

For sides we had roasted veggies and sauteed dino kale with fresh lemon juice and toasted pine nuts. The kale was fantastic and almost surpassed the steak as the favorite part of the meal.

Look how vibrant and green the kale is!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment